ALAG KARO - PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST 2021
THEME – WASTE SEGREGATION AND MANAGEMENT
ABOUT THE CONTEST
Waste doesn’t have to spread disease, or contribute to pollution and climate change. Segregated in three bins and managed in a sustainable way, waste becomes a valuable resource.
Let’s show the world that the stigma around waste is misplaced and encourage more people to integrate waste segregation in their daily lives. Let source segregation and waste management be a part of our communication within our families and communities.
The Alag Karo Photography competition is conceived with the specific aim of creating awareness on source segregation of waste and waste management.
We’re here to celebrate the wisdom and creativity in source segregation of waste and its management.
Please Join us by sending your photos and stand a chance to win exciting prizes.
PHOTO CONTEST CATEGORIES
- Category 1 – Citizens Engagement in Waste Management Initiatives
- Category 2 – Waste collection & processing
- Category 3 – Waste Workers
HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST
- The contest is open to all professional or amateur photographers regardless of age or gender.
- The competition is open to contestants from New Delhi and NCR region
- Entrants can submit up to 3 best photographs, along with the title out of their existing work on any theme.
- Images should be no larger than 4 MB. Photos must be in JPEG format.
- Selected participants will be chosen by our expert panel.
- Last date to apply for the contest is 30th October 2021.
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be eligible
Last date to apply for the contest is 30th October 2021
Participate now by clicking visiting https://bit.ly/ALAG-KARO
- • Participants will be selected by our panel of experts
- • Selected participants will be notified by email and they will receive a confirmation call from our representative
- All selected participants will be called for a briefing session on the contest by our experts. Details for the briefing will be shared later.
- Selected participants will get maximum 10 days to take and submit the pictures
- Entries submitted after the deadline will not be eligible.
- There will be 2 shoot locations which are - Ward 32, Gurugram and B10 RWA, Vasant kunj, New Delhi
- Each participant would need to submit maximum 12 best pictures and they are free to choose any category.
- Mid resolution & High resolution-Jpegs, Pngs will only be considered.
- Pictures can either be mailed or uploaded through a google drive on a given email id
- Participants may be asked to provide a higher resolution version of the photo anytime during the contest period.
- All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared
- Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization like cropping, spotting for dust, reasonable adjustments to exposure, colour and contrast, etc will be disqualified.
- Participants will be asked to provide the following information while submitting their pictures - Title of the photo | Caption: Describe what we see, where it was taken and the story behind the photograph | Location or place where photo was taken | Category etc.
- Photos will be judged by the Panel on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, artistic merit and subject matter relevance to waste.
- Alag Karo / GIZ reserves the right to use the selected pictures submitted for exhibition. (The copyrights remain with the photographer)
- GIZ reserves the right to use these final pictures for their internal or external communication purposes
- Due photo credits to be given to the photographer at the time of usage.